Feb 16, 2010

Jambalaya for the Crock Pot

Happy Fat Tuesday!



We are celebrating Mardi Gras this year with homemade Jambalaya slow-cooked all day in the crock-pot. Recipezaar readers gave it two thumbs up and it looked simple enough, so I tried it.  We gave it six thumbs up between me, my husband and my brother. Lots of leftovers too!

I bought raw fresh shrimp for the first time and I'm glad I did.  They were de-veined too (I didn't have to do it! Ick!) and I thought they were shelled, but after cooking them, I noticed they were not.  Oh well.  We just shelled them as we ate.  I marinated the shrimp using a Cajun Shrimp Marinade that is very good as well.  In fact, I'll have to try it again sometime when I'm not adding the shrimp to a different recipe.

I served the jambalaya over Baked Brown Rice (Alton Brown's version).

Maybe the best part of this jambalaya is that it's a healthy meal, especially when served with brown rice.


You can find the recipe by clicking below:
Jambalaya for the Crock Pot - 41705 - Recipezaar

1 comment:

  1. I think it's interesting that every meal I've had for basically the last week has ended up on your blog. Oh and everything has been really tasty too!

    ReplyDelete